Thursday, January 24, 2013

Loaded Baked Potato Soup made in a Vitamix Blender


As you can see in my prior post, I love my Vitamix and have been using it so much lately.  I have been using for Smoothies in the morning and Soups for lunch.  My newest soup that I just love was adapted from a Vitamix recipe.  I was super easy, fast and very tasty.  I knew I was going to be making this so I baked a few extra potatoes the previous night since we were having baked potatoes.  I do notice that when I do plan ahead and do some prep work the previous day, that I stick to the plan and don't have something unhealthy for breakfast or lunch.  Also to cut down the time on the running time of the blender I do use steamed veggies and or hot liquids.  It is not necessary, the Vitamix will cook it up but I just like to cut down the time of the blender noise.

So please see my Vitamix Baked Potato Soup Recipe below, it is a great beginner Vitamix Recipe.  Please let mw know if you try it and how you liked it.

VITAMIX LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP


In your Vitamix place:
~1 baked potato (peeled, you will need an additional potato but that goes in later)
~1/4 onion, steamed or sautéed (I placed mine in a covered bowl and microwaved for 70 seconds)
~1/3 cup cheddar cheese
~2 cups milk ( I also microwaved this for a couple minutes to get it hot)
~1 tbsp Becel (which I will be leaving out next time, not needed)
~1/2 tsp salt
~1/2 tsp Rosemary Leaves


So, start the blender and turn it to high.  Let is run for about 4 minutes.  If you used hot liquid it should be steaming by now.  I you didn't heat the liquids it will need to run for a few more minutes, be careful of the steam.


When is is hot turn it down to variable 3 and add 1/4 cup pre-cooked bacon and your remaining potato. Run it until it has the consistency you like.

Pour into bowls and top as you see fit, I toped mine with more bacon, shredded cheddar cheese and green onions.  You may want to add additional salt and pepper.


It is yummy and perfect for a winter's day lunch.  This recipe is freezable incase you make too much but this recipe only makes about 4 cups total.

Enjoy, cheers.

2 comments:

  1. If you are looking for a good quality Vitamix Blender then it's easy to buy it online from trusted and certified online dealers with quicker delivery time.
    Click Here More Information

    ReplyDelete
  2. Article ideas very clear . Your writing style is very unique. I very much appreciate the articles you write . Hope you continue to create the beautiful works.Thanks a lot for sharing. 

    Blendtec

    ReplyDelete